Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The perfect tea kettle

No bells or whistles. Literally. Who would have thought that finding a classic tea kettle with simple and clean lines would be so difficult (or so expensive)? After searching and searching, I couldn't decide between the two finalists: the Sori Yanagi kettle and the Eva Zeisel kettle (not as good looking, but with a whistle for the forgetful-types like me). So I left it up to my Christmas gift-giver. After a long, long wait, I finally received the Sori Yanagi tea kettle this week. I love that there's nothing complicated about it. Just stainless steel in a design reminiscent of pre-WWII Japan. Boils water and looks extraordinarily good on the stove. It turns a mundane activity into simple pleasure. I will have to force myself to remember that the stove is on... Now if only I could make the rest of the kitchen match!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails