Time to completion: about 4 full weeks spread out over several months.
Friday, November 6, 2009
The old, leaky, southwest-facing office windows. And by leaky I don't mean just air, but also water! The paint job by the previous owner was seriously suffering and one of the panes was cracked from a too-vigorous fly-swatting incident. In a pinch, we caulked like crazy to ride out the winter and vowed that these would be the next to get replaced. Even the siding beneath the windows was cracking from all the sun and rain. When we took out the window we found incredibly shoddy carpentry beneath. We had to properly rebuild the rough opening, frame out the window, build the sashes, waterproof, put up new siding, trim, and paint, paint, paint.