Friday, August 28, 2009

Project: Hawaiian Quilt


Sometime during the year 2001, I decided to make a Queen sized quilt in the Hawaiian tradition. (For a step-by-step introduction to the beautiful art of Hawaiian quilting, check out this site and click on the individual pictures.) I only made it as far as purchasing the top fabric and cutting the large central applique before I put it away back in 2001. I've finally decided to resurrect this project (it's a now or never kind of thing) and since it'll likely take me years to finish, I'm writing about it now, way in advance of project completion. Right now, I'm sewing the large applique piece and only have about 1/4 done. It sure seems like it'll take forever... Does anybody like to sew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails